- 1. Open a PDF file
- 2. Click “Encrypt PDF”
and fill in “Password Security Settings”.
- You could choose a required password to open the document
- or restrict printing and copying of the document.
- 3. You can also add the document description
- 4. Encrypt PDF
- 5. Or click mainmenu Tools -> Editor -> Security
- 6. Click “Add Files” at the left upper to set password for files in batch
- Some tips for creating a strong password (and remember it!)
- 1. Include numbers, capital letters and symbols;
- 2. Use a minimum of 12 characters;
- 3. Don't use dictionary words and their obvious substitutions; e.g. h0use is not cool;
- 4. Avoid putting biographical details into your password;
- 5. Use a password manager, i.e. 1Password.
- If you want to customize your toolbar to get more frequent-used tool items, go
“How to customize toolbar?” to learn more.